Saturday, January 31, 2009

a friend..for life

when i was at the peak of my adrenaline rush, making new friends, exploring new areas of life, enjoying life to the fullest, no commitments, no responsibilities..except for doing good at ur studies..hey but that you must..its for u not for anybody else..my parents threw a bomb at me..they told me time to get settled girl..time to have a partner in life. we will be with you they assured but someone else will hold ur hand throughout ur life. thne to a wide  eyed gilr like me  hey dnt get me wrong i was not in  my sweet sixteens or anything but some people wake up late in life, some people want to move on their own pace, some people want to smell the coffee beans late in life..i was at the right age for marriage..correct for m but already late for my relatives who wr more concerned abt me than my parents. anyways i thought lets say yes to this..this is also an adventure rt and my saggittarius nature told me 'come on shilps u love adventures..this is gng  to be great'. i said ok guys i am in it. guys cme n went but i stood on..ah..some rejected me n i rejected some..i was so happy when my parents stood by me n supported iin eacn n evry step i took. 
i was not in love n was so ready for arrianged marriage. i mean where's the fun if u already lnow the guy in n out rt? this is striclty my opnion and i am in favour of marriages..any kinda.
so i met my husband..first impression was..hmm...i said a good guy, good job, great grey cells, and a very quiet person. awh comeon...women like men who listen n dnt talk much rt..and ere was one ...anyways..i said yes n he said yes and all said yes so couple of yesys folowed. 
and today after 4 years of marriage...i am still discovering a great person eevry morn..a friend who has stood by me when i had to say soemthing, a person who had his steady hand behind me whne i thought i wld fall down,a person who laughed with me even though my jokes made no sense to him..just to make me happy, who cried when i cried, who stroked  my hair n said life is alos made of dull, grey days n day always comes after a long, dark night, a person who said its ok if i make mistakes sometimes,,...cause he said that its thru mistakes that we learn, who swallowed n tried hard not to puke all the disasters i cooked n sid it was so delicious, who made me smile when my smile gave up on me, a friend, a partner, a guide..who let me go first if i knew the way well..who trusted in me more than i did...my husband.
i am so happy that i trusted my parents,i trusted my instinct, i trusted my friend..my husband..and if they say marriages are made in heaven i agree..beacause i m in one....

No comments:

Post a Comment